Top 10 Home Medicines:
There are lot of medicines found in our home all the time. Here we are going to have a look on what are the medicines available in our home without our knowledge.
Ginger scientific name is Zingiber officinale. It have a important role in our day to day life. The chemical compounds present in ginger are terpenes and oleoresinl. The medicinal properties of ginger are:
- Act as a good antiseptic.
- Fight against Cold and Flu
- Prevention of Blood clot reduce the risk of Cardiovascular diseases.
- Cures sore throat, Indigestion etc…
Dried ginger also have this medicinal qualities.
Can be used as Ginger tea.
Turmeric scientific name is Curcuma longa. The chemical compound present is curcumin. The medicinal properties of Turmeric are:
- Act as a good antiseptic and antibacterial agent.
- Smoke vapours of Turmeric to cure running nose.
- Having anti inflammatory property.
- Prevent cancer.
- Prevent skin from infections.
Pepper scientific name is Piper nigrum. The chemical compound present is piperine. The medicinal properties of Pepper are:
- Cures Loss of appetite.
- Good for Cold and Cough.
- Relieves pain and aches.
- Cure jaundice, anemia etc...
4. Purple Fruited Pea Eggplant (Thuthuvalai):
Thuthuvalai scientic name is Solanum trilobatum. The chemical substance present is Solasonine. The medicinal properties of Thuthuvalai are:
- Good for Asthma, Cold, Cough and Flu.
- Prevent throat infections.
- Increases blood level in our body.
- We can take daily intake as Thuthuvalai Candy.
5. Basil Leaf:
Basil scientific name is Ocimum basilicum. The medicina properties of Basil leaf are:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals.
- Good Antimicrobial property.
- Remedy for antibacterial, antifungal, antispasmodic, carminative, diaphoretic, digestive, emmenagogue etc...
- Cures sore throat.
- Can eat raw leaves to cure Cold and Cough.
Fenugreek scientific name is Trigonella foenum-graecum. The chemical compound present is Trigonelline. The medicinal preoperties of Fenugreek are:
- Reduces Body heat.
- Antimicrobial activity.
- Prevent Breast cancer.
- Cure mucus related disorders.
- Used in the treatment of Asthma, Sinus etc...
- Can soak in water and drink to reduce body heat.
Garlic scientific name is Allium sativum. The chemical compounds present are Diallyl Sulphate, Alliin, Ajoene and Allicin. The medicinal properties of the Garlic are:
- Reduce blood cholesterol and reduce fat deposition in body.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-virus property.
- Reduce Blood Pressure.
- Anti inflammatory property.
- Can have as boiled Garlic or fried Garlic.
Neem scientific name is Azadirachta indica. The chemical compound presents are Nimbidin and Nimbin. The medicinal properties of Neem are:
- Improves Immunity.
- Cures heat-rash, boils, wounds, jaundice, leprosy, skin disorders, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, etc…
- Can eat as raw tender leaves. It can improve our Immunity.
Clove scientific name is Syzygium aromaticum. The chemical compound presents are Acetyl Eugenol, Beta-Caryophyllene, vanillin and Crategolic Acid. The medicinal properties of Clove are:
- Good for curing teeth related problems mainly toothache.
- Clove oil drops relieve ear pain.
- Act as respiratory aid.
- Keep clove in toothacre area for sometime relieves pain.
10. Cumin Seeds (Jeera):
Cumin scientific name is Cuminum cyminum. The chemical compound found is Pigenin and Luteolin. The medicinal properties of Clove are:
- Reduce body heat.
- Act us Anticancer, Hypoglycemic, Antiepileptic, Ophthalmic, Antiosteoporotic, Ophthalmic, Antibacterial, and Larvicidal effects.
Can have as Jeera Lassy and Drink by soaking in water to cool our body.